none
Where can i find baseline information in PSI WebServices? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey!

I'm trying to read some data from project server, through the PSI webservices...

I can get the work and actual work data with Statusing webservice, calling the ReadStatusTimephasedData method... and with this call, i can get the work data in any time scale that i want...

But where can i find the Baseline data for that?

I'm really new in project server programming, so if you need some more information to answer me, just ask! i'm sorry if my question is obvious too =s

Thank you!

Sunday, August 7, 2011 8:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Crystian,

Welcome to the forum :)

The baseline data will be held in the project data, you should be able to use the Project web service with the ReadProject method to read baseline0, for information about this web service please see below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvcproject.project_di_pj14mref.aspx - this is for Project Server 2010, but if you use Project Server 2007 it is the same.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Hi Paul!

Thanks for the answer!

But i still didn't figure it out how to get the baseline0 information, in the time scale i want...

I know the Project web service, and the readProject method can give me a lot of information about the Project itself, tasks, projectResources, assignments, dependencies between tasks, and general info about custom fields...

In witch field of the ProjectDataSet i could get this baseline0 data?

Thank you in advance!

Monday, August 8, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Hi Crystian,

The baseline fields are TB_Work, TB_Cost etc.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Monday, August 8, 2011 4:29 PM
  • If all you want to do is read data, reading from the Reporting database is much faster. The Views whose name ends with _Userview are good as they automatically have relevant custom fields appendded to them.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:13 PM
  • Thanks for the replies...

@PWMather but this information is about the total work, startdate, finishdate, and so on... all of them are information of one task... I was searching something like baseline work in a day, in an hour, or in another timescale that i want...

I mean, if i use the Statusing web service and call the method ReadStatusTimephasedData i can get Work and Actualwork in any timescale that i want... is there someway to get baseline data in this format?

@Rod Gill, yeah, i really could try to connect this database, but i'm not sure if it's going to be easy, as i'm making a client for my phone... Is there some webservice that could do the job for me?

Thanks in advance!

Monday, August 8, 2011 9:25 PM