none
Diferences between Public and Private Pricing Tiers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys.

I have a doubt, in Azure Bing Maps API for Enterprise we have 2 different pricing tiers:

Internal website cumulative transactions and Public website cumulative transactions

The differences is quite big, so I want to understand which are the differences between that, because the API URL still the same, the access is via Internet, the only thing that changes is the billing.

Maybe someone could explain to me that, I don't want to choose a wrong billing method.

Thanks and best regards.

Monday, May 4, 2020 2:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Julian,

Internal means it is not on a public facing solution but rather internal to your business. Public is external facing, an external solution like a public website or an app that you provide publicly.  It is my experience that most solutions fit in the public model and not internal.

Note that our EA licensing model outside of Azure no longer has this distinction (You can sign up at https://www.bingmapsportal.com/ which includes 125k transactions per year)

Once you use the 125k, you can reach out to Maplic@Microsoft.com (or MapEMEA@Microsoft.com if you are not in the Americas) to purchase more.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, May 4, 2020 4:45 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Julian,

Internal means it is not on a public facing solution but rather internal to your business. Public is external facing, an external solution like a public website or an app that you provide publicly.  It is my experience that most solutions fit in the public model and not internal.

Note that our EA licensing model outside of Azure no longer has this distinction (You can sign up at https://www.bingmapsportal.com/ which includes 125k transactions per year)

Once you use the 125k, you can reach out to Maplic@Microsoft.com (or MapEMEA@Microsoft.com if you are not in the Americas) to purchase more.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, May 4, 2020 4:45 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you IoTGirl, that helps me a lot.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2020 2:11 PM
  • You are very welcome! Thank you for returning and marking the answer.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:31 PM
    Owner