XML to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement that, i ll get a XML file in my receive location and i want to transform it into Excel sheet and drop it in my output folder. What is the approach should i follow?

TIA

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:06 AM

Answers

• Hi

create custom pipeline component for convert xml to excel ,

Refer article for create custom pipeline component

Regards

Mohit Gupta...

=======================================================================

If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:13 AM
  • BizTalk is shipped with a lot of adapters, but an Excel adapter is not one of them.

Depending on your requirements you could do a couple of things:

I prefer to solve these things with out of the box fuctionality, but that might not be possible for you.

If you have a time constraint, then I'd certainly buy, but also don't underestimate the time you have to spend building one yourself. Most of the time buying is cheaper and if you can get the source code as well, you can maintain it yourself in case the vendor drops support.

Jean-Paul Smit | Didago IT Consultancy
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 + Certified SOA Architect

Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi

create custom pipeline component for convert xml to excel ,

Refer article for create custom pipeline component

Regards

Mohit Gupta...

=======================================================================

If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:13 AM
  • BizTalk is shipped with a lot of adapters, but an Excel adapter is not one of them.

Depending on your requirements you could do a couple of things:

I prefer to solve these things with out of the box fuctionality, but that might not be possible for you.

If you have a time constraint, then I'd certainly buy, but also don't underestimate the time you have to spend building one yourself. Most of the time buying is cheaper and if you can get the source code as well, you can maintain it yourself in case the vendor drops support.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Hi jean,

http://excel2007pipeline.codeplex.com/ 

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/BizTalk-Custom-Pipeline-74287807#content

These links are not available. can you pls share the URL where the complete code avail?

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:31 AM
  • I don't understand what you mean, if I click the links in your post it will take me to the sites.....

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Hi Anand

Complete code available at Post

Regards

Mohit

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:47 PM
  • It is also possible to save an Excel file in a XML format and open it with Excel.

Create an excel file with some dummy data  and save it as XML. As you can see , when you double click the file, Windows will open it with Excel as regular.If you open it with notepad, you see it is in XML format.

So, you can just create a map file to convert your XML file to Excel XML format and save the output as XML.Excel can read and open the output.

Kenan Kilictepe http://www.entegral.com.tr

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:15 PM