Visual Studio Error List Integration RRS feed

• Question

• First of all I would like to say thanks for previous support, it has helped a great deal.

I would love to be able to "hook" into the error list window. Basically our compiler generates warnings in the format defined by Microsoft and thus allows warnings to automatically be parsed and added to the error list window without using any code. I was wondering If I it is possible (in C# addin) to hook into this so that when a error list item is selected i can respond to this and do something (say open a message box as an example).

I am trying to avoid writing another existing window and would love to use what is already there but I can't really find any online resources that provides an meaningful results.

Thanks in advanced!

Monday, December 13, 2010 12:31 PM

Answers

• As undiscoverable as this is, I believe that the error list and the task list are, under the covers, the same underlying code with a slightly different UI on top.  I believe what you want to do is call IVsTaskList.RegisterTaskProvider .  Then you need to provide IVsTaskItem 's for each item.  This interface has methods like NavigateTo which will be invoked when the user double clicks on your error/task.

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Victor_Chen Monday, December 20, 2010 9:50 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 4:46 PM