Quota Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

How can I control the usage? Becasue the quota is base on site collection, is it possible to base on user or subsite? or have 3 party solution to handle it.

Beause Exchange Public Folder can setup limit on each folder. My boss complain how come sharepoint can do that?
    Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:03 PM

Answers

• You can only base SharePoint Quotas on Site Collections this is true.  You cannot base it on user and subsites inherit from the Top Site. Sorry

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:46 AM
  • Sure you can.  So you simply create differnet Quota templates in Central Administration for that Web Application and when you create a new Site Collection you simply choose the quota for that group of users.  Any site under this site collection however will still inherit that quota.   The recommended number of site collections you can create is approximatly 50,000.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:29 AM

All replies

• You can only base SharePoint Quotas on Site Collections this is true.  You cannot base it on user and subsites inherit from the Top Site. Sorry

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:46 AM
  • Is it possible use differnet site collection to handle this. But i think it will make us difficult to maintain.

I think many people also suffer this problem

Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:51 AM
  • Sure you can.  So you simply create differnet Quota templates in Central Administration for that Web Application and when you create a new Site Collection you simply choose the quota for that group of users.  Any site under this site collection however will still inherit that quota.   The recommended number of site collections you can create is approximatly 50,000.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:29 AM