VSTS coded UI control not identified RRS feed

• Question

• I am WPF button when i perform mouse click event in buttoni get the error Window '' is blocking the control System. Please move the window '' or make the control System visible and retry the action

I can click the button getting BoundingRectangle.Location method.

But I am not able to identity the reason behind this error "Window '' is blocking the control System. "

Friday, November 26, 2010 9:55 AM

Answers

• How to check if there is a transparent control over button:

You can check the control type property in Coded UI Test builder. It might be a window or a pane.

What is this transparent control:

We have seen instance where an invisible overlay frame comes on top of button. If you have your application source code, you can check the XAML and see if overlay frames are used. If yes changing the order of button and frame code can overcome blocked control exception issue. For mouse clicks we do a GetElementFromPoint first in this case it is coming out to be frame hence you get blocked control exception.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:53 PM

All replies

• Find out what is blocking the button. You can do that by dragging the crosshair of the coded ui test builder onto the button. I am guessing some transparent control is over the button.
    Please mark the post as answered if this answers your question. ThejK
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:03 AM
  • I have dragged the cross hair ofthe coded ui test builder on to the button but how can we check if the transparent control is over it.And what are this transparent control ?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:15 AM
  • How to check if there is a transparent control over button:

You can check the control type property in Coded UI Test builder. It might be a window or a pane.

What is this transparent control:

We have seen instance where an invisible overlay frame comes on top of button. If you have your application source code, you can check the XAML and see if overlay frames are used. If yes changing the order of button and frame code can overcome blocked control exception issue. For mouse clicks we do a GetElementFromPoint first in this case it is coming out to be frame hence you get blocked control exception.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:53 PM