Microsoft.Web Resource Provider issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I deployed the AppService resource provider 1.1 and everything showed success. I tried to create a WebApp, and I was getting an error that I could not register the RP. I looked on both the Admin and the Tenant portal and the Microsoft.Web was in the list and already registered. Not sure what the error meant. After trying to find an answer, I decided to back out the App Services by running the Remove-AppServices PowerShell script. I cleaned up the DBs a and sql logins also. I ran the installer 1.1 again and it completed successfully. Except this time I cannot see the Microsoft.Web in the Admin or Tenant portal. I ran some PowerShell and it appears the Microsoft.Web manifest is there. I also created a new offer that allowed me to add the Microsoft.Web item. I tried creating a WebApp and I get the Oops I cannot do that error, which I assume is coming from the fact the RP is not correctly registered. I did not have to set anything the first time I installed the RP and it was in the list. So is there somewhere I can start looking to figure out what's going on? I have been all over the web trying various things and nothing is working so I figured it time to ask in the forum. I have tried to reregister it, reinstall the AppService 1.1 on top of the one that is there. Nothing seems to be working.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Hacker

Sunday, May 20, 2018 5:11 PM

Answers

• Hello Paul,

You can find diagnostic information located in C:\CloudDeployment\Logs.

If you’d like us to take a look, feel free zip up your logs in C:\CloudDeployment\Logs,

email them to: ascustfeedback@microsoft.com  and include the thread URL in the subject?

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Monday, May 21, 2018 6:39 PM

All replies

• Ok I re-deployed one more time and it finally worked. I am now able to create web and API apps successfully. I would still like to find out what was going on. If there is a log I can look at I appreciate it some one can tell me what and where that log is

Paul Hacker

Monday, May 21, 2018 4:18 AM
  • Hello Paul,

You can find diagnostic information located in C:\CloudDeployment\Logs.

If you’d like us to take a look, feel free zip up your logs in C:\CloudDeployment\Logs,

email them to: ascustfeedback@microsoft.com  and include the thread URL in the subject?

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Monday, May 21, 2018 6:39 PM