none
VS2005 Compile errors in pbxml files RRS feed

• Question

• I have VS2005 plus SP1-XPPro, KB918559, KB935225, KB943969, and KB947315; and CE6.0 (brought up to 2012/03 levels). If I try to build using a .sln from a known good project copied in from elsewhere (e.g., ceemulator2), I get a raft of errors related to the project pbxml file (see samples of the build spew and the offending pbxml file below). I can view the catalog and PB thinks it is error-free.

I've tried clean builds, uninstalling and reinstalling the tool chain, to no effect. The only lead I've found thus far is a cryptic note in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee482586(v=winembedded.60).aspx which reads "If you have installed Visual Studio 2005 SP1, copy the XSL schema to the directory where you saved the .pbcxml file, or remove the xsi:schemaLocation attribute from the <CatalogFile> XML element, before you validate your .pbcxml file." Unfortunately, it fails to name the "XSL schema" file nor how it is accessed.

Has anyone run into this issue (and found a solution)? Is the above lead unrelated to the problem, and if not, what is the file name?

Build Spew:

------ Build started: Project: ce6emulator2, Configuration: Device Emulator ARMV4I Release Platform Builder (_TGTCPU) ------

Starting Build: blddemo -q
    ==============
    BLDDEMO: Generating OS Design Folders
    Failed to load C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\ce6emulator2\ce6emulator2\ce6emulator2.pbxml:

Invalid XML file passed to LoadWorkspaceFromFile: C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\ce6emulator2\ce6emulator2\ce6emulator2.pbxml
    The 'Version' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at file:///C:/WINCE600/OSDesigns/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2.pbxml, (2, 12).
    The 'CatalogItemId' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at file:///C:/WINCE600/OSDesigns/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2.pbxml, (5, 26).
    The required attribute 'Anchored' is missing. An error occurred at file:///C:/WINCE600/OSDesigns/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2.pbxml, (5, 6).
    The 'CatalogItemId' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at file:///C:/WINCE600/OSDesigns/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2.pbxml, (6, 26).
    The required attribute 'Anchored' is missing. An error occurred at file:///C:/WINCE600/OSDesigns/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2/ce6emulator2.pbxml, (6, 6).

ce6emulator2.pbxml head

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <Workspace Version="6.0" PlatformName="ce6emulator2" CoreOs="CEBASE" PlatformGuid="b2c67396-18f6-45be-9805-71dbae10b664" xmlns="urn:PBCommon-schema">
      <PBProjectCollection Name="PBProjects" EnforceUniqueItems="True" />
      <FeatureCollection Name="AnchoredFeatures" EnforceUniqueItems="True">
        <Feature Name="Item" CatalogItemId="Item:MS:sysgen_audio" />
        <Feature Name="Item" CatalogItemId="Item:MS:sysgen_auth" />

• Moved by Barry Wang Friday, May 18, 2012 7:02 AM Platform Development forum issue (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:58 PM

All replies

• Hi MorganG,

From your description, I will move your case to "Windows Embedded Compact Platform Development forum". Your issue is more related to this forum.

You will get more answers here.

Thanks,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, May 18, 2012 7:04 AM