none
VS2015 requires Microsoft Account Sign in every few days

Question

• Every few days I have to sign back in to my Microsoft Account in VS2015. How do I get it to remember my sign in so I don't have to keep doing it?
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hi AirForce9797,

Please try the following method to see if it helps:

Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE), and run the following commands:

a.devenv.exe /resetsettings, it will restore Visual Studio default settings. Optionally resets the settings to the specified .vssettings file.
    b.devenv.exe /resetuserdata, it will take a couple of minutes to run as Visual Studio cleans up and sets itself back to its original state. You may open Task Manager at this point to check whether the devenv.exe process is still running. After it has completed running, you can restart Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi AirForce9797,

You can try to add your credentials under Credential Manager (Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager).

Best regards!
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:06 PM
  • It's already there under Windows Credentials > Generic Credentials > MicrosoftAccount
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:27 PM
  • Hi AirForce9797,

Please try the following method to see if it helps:

Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE), and run the following commands:

a.devenv.exe /resetsettings, it will restore Visual Studio default settings. Optionally resets the settings to the specified .vssettings file.
    b.devenv.exe /resetuserdata, it will take a couple of minutes to run as Visual Studio cleans up and sets itself back to its original state. You may open Task Manager at this point to check whether the devenv.exe process is still running. After it has completed running, you can restart Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:23 AM
  • How do I run the devenv.exe with the switches?
    Friday, March 18, 2016 12:32 PM