Simple Cloud Inventory Management

Question

• I am a Windows Phone developer who wants to learn more about networking and Windows apps. I know Visual Basic and C# and am in the process of learning C++. I have a small brick and mortar company that needs an inventory management app. It would make things easier on me if I had one. Instead of paying someone hundreds of dollars to build one I might as well do it myself as I already want to learn how to do this stuff. Where do I start and what would be the easiest way to do this?

-Windows 8-8.1 app

-Shows a table with information stored in the cloud

-Add new items

-Update existing items

-Items should have a column for a picture

-Enter a password to edit

Monday, February 17, 2014 8:58 PM

Answers

• Hi XLSilentNightXL,

Hardly to provide information without a specific question.

Here you could find some Network connection tutorial for Windows Store App. Connecting to networks and web services, by this you could connect by service, by socket, by Live service, by Azure, etc.

Adding Control to the xaml, here is the control list, quite similar as Windows Phone does: Controls list, ListView or GridView is the commonly used control, Adding ListView and GridView controls

Hope this helps.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:16 AM