How to remove Quick Launch in SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I working in SharePoint 2007 environment.

How can I hide Quick Launch on the left? I already uncheck "Enable Quick Launch" in Site Settings --> Tree View, and it is still persist.

In Masterpage, can I move the <asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderLeftNavBar" runat="server"> into a hidden panel?

Please help on advise how to take away Quick Launch.

Thank you in advanced. 

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:12 AM customization q (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Just add Visible = "false" inside content place holder. Or else you can use javascript in CEWP to hide it. (remember, it will just hide the quick launch not remove from the site. so later on you can enable this again)

Just add a CEWP and add below style in source editor:

<style>
    .ms-quicklaunch
    {
    display:none;
    }
    .ms-navframe
    {
    display: none;
    }
    </style>

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    • Marked as answer by sams371 Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Just add Visible = "false" inside content place holder. Or else you can use javascript in CEWP to hide it. (remember, it will just hide the quick launch not remove from the site. so later on you can enable this again)

Just add a CEWP and add below style in source editor:

<style>
    .ms-quicklaunch
    {
    display:none;
    }
    .ms-navframe
    {
    display: none;
    }
    </style>

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    • Marked as answer by sams371 Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:39 AM
  • Just to add to Hemendra's suggestion.  This will work on a site by site basis and is one I employ myself.  The OP's suggestion of editing the masterpage isn't suggested as it will impact all sites based on that masterpage.  If this route was followed, you're best off copying the masterpage and editing that.
    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:55 AM
    Answerer