none
Office app manifest xml schema link broken RRS feed

• Question

• I recently submitted an App to the Office App store and they said that the SupportUrl is now mandatory but I cannot find anything indicating a new version of the Office App manifest xml schema, and indeed the link

http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/appforoffice/1.0

Gives the error:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Anyone know if we should be using a new schema?? Which now has 

minOccurs="1" for SupportUrl??

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:00 AM

Answers

• Including a SupportURL in your manifest is a requirement of the Apps for Office Store. It is not required for apps which may be distributed in a corporate catalogue and as such is not a schema requirement.

Regards,
    Philip 

Program Manager, Office Store

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:59 PM

All replies

• I haven't had any indication the manifest schema has been revised since Feb 2013. I believe when the Office App Store said they needed a "Support URL" they were referring to a URL from you where your customer's can obtain on-line support. This URL is to be loaded in the Seller Dashboard in a box titled "Support Document Link". There is no requirement to load it in the manifest. If you look at other apps in the Office Store at the bottom of the "Details" is a link "For more information, go to the developer’s website". This is where your "Support URL" shows up after you provide it in the Seller Dashboard. Your app may have a "Help" button and this "Support URL" may point to the same html page. I have been surprised to see that some authors have done nothing more than provide a mailto link but each to his own. Good luck with your new app.

Rich

RAM

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:39 AM
  • Including a SupportURL in your manifest is a requirement of the Apps for Office Store. It is not required for apps which may be distributed in a corporate catalogue and as such is not a schema requirement.

Regards,
    Philip 

Program Manager, Office Store

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:59 PM