The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect .please see the application event log in vista sp2 RRS feed

• Question

• how to over come this problem please help me

Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:39 AM

Answers

• Well, you've not given us much information to work on; telling us what is in the application event log would be a big help.

( Control Panel, System and Maintenance, View event logs (underneath Administrative Tools) , (answer UAC prompt),  Event viewer, Windows Logs, Application, find appropriate event. )

Here's a guess:

You've built a debug version of a program and have copied it to another machine which does not have the debug versions of the run-time libraries.

• Edited by David Boyce UK Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:45 PM Locate the event viewer without making use of 'recent tasks'
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:39 AM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:25 PM
  • Hi Saikumar152,

I guess you have not installed Redistributable Package in your target machine. Which version of Visual Studio your application develop on? If it's Visual C++ 2005, you need to install Visual C++ 2005 Redistritable Package; if it's Visual C++ 2008, you need to install Visual C++ 2008 Redistritable Package.

Please let me know the result.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 9:46 AM

All replies

• Well, you've not given us much information to work on; telling us what is in the application event log would be a big help.

( Control Panel, System and Maintenance, View event logs (underneath Administrative Tools) , (answer UAC prompt),  Event viewer, Windows Logs, Application, find appropriate event. )

Here's a guess:

You've built a debug version of a program and have copied it to another machine which does not have the debug versions of the run-time libraries.

• Edited by David Boyce UK Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:45 PM Locate the event viewer without making use of 'recent tasks'
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:25 PM
  • Hi Saikumar152,

I guess you have not installed Redistributable Package in your target machine. Which version of Visual Studio your application develop on? If it's Visual C++ 2005, you need to install Visual C++ 2005 Redistritable Package; if it's Visual C++ 2008, you need to install Visual C++ 2008 Redistritable Package.

Please let me know the result.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 9:46 AM