none
I can't doploy a C++ UWP App1 to the WinIoT remote machine (RPi3)

Question

• Hi,

I try to deploy a fresh genereted C++ UWP App1 on a WinIoT device. I get the error:

DEP6701 : Bootstrapping failed with unexpected error: 'The ID value is not specified.
    1>Parameter name: id'.

I don't find in the Project property file a Parameter Name ID. Can some help me?

Greetings

P.S. The process to deploy a C# UWP Application to the same device is well done. 

Saturday, October 29, 2016 8:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Josef Wagmann,

Since the C# UWP application could deploy to the WinIoT device successful, it means your Visual Studio and WinIoT device environment is fine.

Please try create a new default C++ UWP app and run on emulator to check whether the default C++ UWP app could run successful on emulator or not. If it also deploy failed to emulator, I'm afraid that there has any problem on your C++ project template. Please try restore the default project templates with command "devenv /installvstemplates".

If the default C++ UWP app could run successful on emulator, then please deploy to WinloT device to check whether it could be successful or not. If not, please check your deploy steps based on following article, whether there has something wrong when deploying.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/appdeployment#cpp

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 31, 2016 6:25 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

thanks for your answer, after restoreing the Default Project templates i can deploy the application.

Thx

Josef Wagmann

Monday, October 31, 2016 7:54 PM
  • Hi Josef Wagmann,

I'm glad that you have resolved this issue by restore the Default Project templates.

Please mark the helpful reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same issue. If any questions about Visual Studio IDE, please feel free to come back.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:14 AM
  • I got the same error message ''The ID value is not specified.'

Of course devenv /installvstemplates did not solve the problem.

The UWP App launched successfully as x86 on Local Machine

but did produce this error if compiled as ARM on Remote Machine.

Quite easily: Because no Remote Machine was available, I do not have one.

And if I Switch to Device the new error message is

DEP6200 : Bootstrapping failed. Device cannot be found. 0x89731810: Deployment failed because no Windows Phone was detected. Make sure a phone is connected and powered on.

At least this one is comprehensible.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:40 PM