none
MS Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Please can someone help me.  I have a set my options so that saturday and sunday are non working days.  However, occasionally i need to have these as working days due to the task to be undertaken, such as cement curing, paint drying, etc.  As the dates are not "cast in stone" this makes it difficult for me.  How do I set the task to show that ANY weekend could be a working weekend without having to use the task information box?

I appreciate any help i can get here.

Saturday, November 3, 2012 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Jayne,

so you are mainly talking about tasks without any specific work for a resource? You could use elapsed duration. This will ignore nights, weekends, .... Just enter duration e.g. as 2 edays, if paint drying will need 2 days. You can use any unit you want, place an 'e' in front of duration unit.

Does this give expected result?
    Barbara

Saturday, November 3, 2012 7:18 AM
  • Thank you so much for this Barbara

I am going to try this out.  Another silly question.  Does the MS Project Visual reports not support the excel pivot table anymore.  I keep getting an excel parser error whenever i am trying to create my cost report

thanks

Saturday, November 3, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Hi Jayne,

are you referring to "XML for Analysis perser: The LocaleIdentifier property ..."? I have never experienced this issue, fortunately. But I have read about workarounds. Since I had never to deal with, I can't tell which one may work for you.

• Set Regional Settings to English (US)
    • Select the Visual Report that you want and then click “new template.” A new report should be created without error.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Saturday, November 3, 2012 8:29 AM