Questions about permanent link for external cache msi file RRS feed

• Question

• User371347780 posted

we are using IIS.NET for our customer. And ARR3.0 is one of SW we need our customer to use. My problem is, some of our customers don't have internet access in their machine room. So, we had better to provide a downloadable link for them to get the .msi file.

We can get the ARR V3.0 from https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/application-request-routing, and URL Rewrite as well. But we can’t get the “external cache” msi. Here is a link when we click the Direct Download link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/A/5/CA5FAD87-1E93-454A-BB74-98310A9C523C/ExternalDiskCache_amd64.msi

Here are my questions need your help:

1. 1. Do we have any download link to an offline installer somewhere that’s permanently available for this “external cache” msi? With this permanent link, we can specify it in our docs to our customer. But if the link is coming to invalid after some time, that is hard for us to maintain the docs.
    2. 2. Do Microsoft have any concern or issue if we redistributing it by ourselves if necessary?
    Tuesday, April 20, 2021 5:47 AM

All replies

• User1065476709 posted

Hi huilong,

1. Do we have any download link to an offline installer somewhere that’s permanently available for this “external cache” msi? With this permanent link, we can specify it in our docs to our customer. But if the link is coming to invalid after some time, that is hard for us to maintain the docs.

As far as I know, there is no, but I suggest that you can put it in the shared address of the local network.

2. Do Microsoft have any concern or issue if we redistributing it by ourselves if necessary?

Do you have any influence on its redistribution?

Best regards,

Sam

Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:34 AM
  • User371347780 posted

Hi, Sam,

As far as I know, there is no, but I suggest that you can put it in the shared address of the local network.

Do you mean to put it into my local network and share the link to my customers? 

Do you have any influence on its redistribution?

My purpose is making our customer to get the .msi file easily and correctly, and we will make no change to the file. And this is only viewable by our customers. So, is it acceptable for MS to let us store it in our company server and shared the access link to my customers? 

Thanks, 

Huilong Wang

Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:42 AM
  • User1065476709 posted

Hi huilong,

Do you mean to put it into my local network and share the link to my customers? 

Yes, but the premise is that you are in the same LAN. If not, you can upload to the cloud and then share the link.

My purpose is making our customer to get the .msi file easily and correctly, and we will make no change to the file. And this is only viewable by our customers. So, is it acceptable for MS to let us store it in our company server and shared the access link to my customers? 

Do you mean that you downloaded an msi file from Microsoft, then stored it locally and shared it with your customers? If this is the case, it is acceptable.

Best regards,

Sam

Thursday, April 22, 2021 2:47 AM