none
How to report a Visual Studio problem without opening Visual Studio RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Hong,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

##Is there a way to report a VS problem to the official Channel without using VS?

>>Sure, since you can open the installer without any problem, you can report the issue by it like this.

According to your issue, is the version of your operating system latest? If not, please try to update it t to see if the problem still exists.

If your issue still persists, you can report is on that way l mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:14 AM

All replies

• This particular problem has already been reported (several times) like Suddenly: Setup not complete when Opening visual studio. It can be fixed by adding or removing a component in Visual Studio installer.

Sergey Vlasov | Vlasov Studio | Innovative Visual Studio extensions and tools

Saturday, August 17, 2019 2:36 AM
  • I saw that, but it is not for VS 2019.

I did a repair, and it worked for this particular problem.

Hong

Saturday, August 17, 2019 10:47 AM
  • Visual Studio installer also has a Send Feedback button.

So you can use this to report any problems related to Visual Studio setup.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Saturday, August 17, 2019 3:21 PM
  • Hi Hong,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

##Is there a way to report a VS problem to the official Channel without using VS?

>>Sure, since you can open the installer without any problem, you can report the issue by it like this.

According to your issue, is the version of your operating system latest? If not, please try to update it t to see if the problem still exists.

If your issue still persists, you can report is on that way l mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Thank you for the tip, Perry.

It has been working fine after the repair.  

Yes, my Windows 10 is the latest - 1903.

Hong

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:53 AM