If you were creating a new web app, dealing exclusively with video, would you use mvc or web form? RRS feed

• Question

• User-858993849 posted

I haven't created an MVC app before, but am considering it over Web Forms.  It will be exclusively using video and images, and am interested in others opinions.

Thanks!

Monday, January 26, 2015 11:55 AM

Answers

• User760463175 posted

Hi,

According to my experience, I suggest ASP.Net MVC because your code will be more cleaner. You can also use routing to write friendly URL's that will be more SEO compliant.

Hope you make the right choice, and good luck for you new project!

Best Regards,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 26, 2015 12:00 PM
  • User-760709272 posted

The use of video\images wouldn't sway me either way as to if I was to choose webforms vs mvc.  If you're doing a lot of custom markup (eg for a video player) you might find it easier to do with Razor syntax, but there is nothing you can do with Razor you can't do with webforms either.

• User-271186128 posted

Hi JAYHAWKER,<!--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o:p>

As for this issue, I suppose this is depend on which of them you are more familiar with (familiarity with a specific technology will always allow you to develop applications and projects much quicker). Because, each of these technologies have their own advantages and disadvantages, and both are completely capable of accomplishing the same thing, but use different design patterns to get it done.<o:p></o:p>

Here is an articles about WebForm and MVC, please refer to it.<o:p></o:p>

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/528117/WebForms-vs-MVC

Best Regards,
    Dillion<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:58 AM
  • User-760709272 posted

Thanks!

I continue to read that you can do so much more with Html and MVC than you can webforms, but no specifics.  What exactly are they talking about?

They're talking rubbish :)  It's just people trying to justify a new technology.  When the next thing comes along after MVC, all of a sudden MVC will instantly become inflexible and rubbish and only suitable for "simple sites".

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:45 AM

All replies

• User760463175 posted

Hi,

According to my experience, I suggest ASP.Net MVC because your code will be more cleaner. You can also use routing to write friendly URL's that will be more SEO compliant.

Hope you make the right choice, and good luck for you new project!

Best Regards,

• User-760709272 posted

The use of video\images wouldn't sway me either way as to if I was to choose webforms vs mvc.  If you're doing a lot of custom markup (eg for a video player) you might find it easier to do with Razor syntax, but there is nothing you can do with Razor you can't do with webforms either.

• User-271186128 posted

Hi JAYHAWKER,<!--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o:p>

As for this issue, I suppose this is depend on which of them you are more familiar with (familiarity with a specific technology will always allow you to develop applications and projects much quicker). Because, each of these technologies have their own advantages and disadvantages, and both are completely capable of accomplishing the same thing, but use different design patterns to get it done.<o:p></o:p>

Here is an articles about WebForm and MVC, please refer to it.<o:p></o:p>

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/528117/WebForms-vs-MVC

Best Regards,
    Dillion<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:58 AM
  • User-858993849 posted

Thanks!

I continue to read that you can do so much more with Html and MVC than you can webforms, but no specifics.  What exactly are they talking about?

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:05 PM
  • User-760709272 posted

Thanks!

They're talking rubbish :)  It's just people trying to justify a new technology.  When the next thing comes along after MVC, all of a sudden MVC will instantly become inflexible and rubbish and only suitable for "simple sites".

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:45 AM
  • User-858993849 posted

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:40 PM