none
How to publish c# desktop app onto windows store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an application in C# and would like to publish it onto windows store.  How can I do this?  Thanks.

Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:02 PM

All replies

• When you mention "a desktop app", I presume that you are not referring to a UWP desktop application designed for the Store, but rather a WPF or Windows Forms application. Originally, it was not possible to publish this type of applications in the Windows Store. However, recently Microsoft brought out the Desktop Bridge, which allows you to encapsulate one of these desktop applications in such a way that they are supported by the Store.

The process is somewhat complex, but it is documented in detail at Microsoft docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-prepare

Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:56 PM
  • Hello,

I have an application in C# and would like to publish it onto windows store.  How can I do this?  Thanks.

Hi  friend,

You can use the Desktop Bridge to create a Windows app package for your desktop application was introduced in Windows 10, version 1607, and it can only be used in projects that target Windows 10 Anniversary Update (10.0; Build 14393) or a later release in Visual Studio

Package desktop applications (Desktop Bridge)

Besides, if you have any question about Desktop Bridge, please go to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum for getting suitable help.

Best Regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 20, 2019 6:25 AM