ad center API Development RRS feed

• Question

• Hello sir, i am new in to develop the microsoft ad center API i want to use the reporting service that downloads the performance reports and i have also tried with example which is given here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/cc728899.aspx  and i have also replaced the username, password and developer token right now m running it in sandbox environment but when i run this code the code takes a  lot of time to execute  and some times it gives error also of "invalid client data".

Please help me how to recover it.

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi ronakshah,

Without the SOAP XML, it's hard for us to troubleshoot. Would you be able to post the SOAP request and we can look at the request?

If you could use Fiddler2 to capture the SOAP XML, then remove all sensitive information, e.g. username/passowrd/token etc, we can then try to repro the issue as well.

Thanks! :-)

Friday, June 22, 2012 11:29 AM
  • Hi Ronak,

To answer your question about the Keyword performance report column for "Status" answer can be found in the forum here:

community.bingads.microsoft.com/.../73069.aspx

To actually know if the keywords are active or not, you can use the GetKeywordsByEditorialStatus Service Operation found here:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../dd797091.aspx

If you use the GetKeywordsByEditorialStatus Service Operation, you need to use the field <EditorialStatus>Active</EditorialStatus>

Hope this helps! :-)

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi ronakshah,

Without the SOAP XML, it's hard for us to troubleshoot. Would you be able to post the SOAP request and we can look at the request?

If you could use Fiddler2 to capture the SOAP XML, then remove all sensitive information, e.g. username/passowrd/token etc, we can then try to repro the issue as well.

Friday, June 22, 2012 11:29 AM
  • Hello Sir,

First of all Thank You for the reply, here i am providing you the details of soap request and response.

Submitgenerate request :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" xmlns:ns1="adcenter.microsoft.com/v7" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:ns2="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Arrays">

<SOAP-ENV:Header>

<ns1:ApplicationToken></ns1:ApplicationToken>

<ns1:DeveloperToken>My Token</ns1:DeveloperToken>

<ns1:UserName>My Username</ns1:UserName>

<ns1:Password>My Password</ns1:Password>

</SOAP-ENV:Header>

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<ns1:SubmitGenerateReportRequest>

<ns1:ReportRequest xsi:type="ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportRequest">

<ns1:Format>Csv</ns1:Format>

<ns1:Language>English</ns1:Language>

<ns1:ReportName>Keyword Performance Report</ns1:ReportName>

<ns1:ReturnOnlyCompleteData>false</ns1:ReturnOnlyCompleteData>

<ns1:Aggregation>Hourly</ns1:Aggregation>

<ns1:Columns>

<ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>AccountName</ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>

<ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>CampaignName</ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>

<ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>Keyword</ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>

<ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>TimePeriod</ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>

<ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>Impressions</ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>

<ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>Conversions</ns1:KeywordPerformanceReportColumn>

</ns1:Columns>

<ns1:Filter xsi:nil="true"/>

<ns1:Scope>

<ns1:AccountIds>

<ns2:long>138221</ns2:long>

</ns1:AccountIds>

</ns1:Scope>

<ns1:Time>

<ns1:PredefinedTime>Yesterday</ns1:PredefinedTime>

</ns1:Time>

</ns1:ReportRequest>

</ns1:SubmitGenerateReportRequest>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

submitgenerete response :

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../">

<s:Header>

<h:TrackingId xmlns:h="adcenter.microsoft.com/.../h:TrackingId>

</s:Header>

<s:Body>

<SubmitGenerateReportResponse xmlns="adcenter.microsoft.com/v7">

<ReportRequestId>1500041910</ReportRequestId>

</SubmitGenerateReportResponse>

</s:Body>

</s:Envelope>

Pollgenerate Request :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" xmlns:ns1="adcenter.microsoft.com/v7">

<SOAP-ENV:Header>

<ns1:ApplicationToken></ns1:ApplicationToken>

<ns1:DeveloperToken>My Token</ns1:DeveloperToken>

<ns1:UserName>My Username</ns1:UserName>

<ns1:Password>My Password</ns1:Password>

</SOAP-ENV:Header>

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<ns1:PollGenerateReportRequest>

<ns1:ReportRequestId>1500041911</ns1:ReportRequestId>

</ns1:PollGenerateReportRequest>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Poll generate response :

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../">

<s:Header>

<h:TrackingId xmlns:h="adcenter.microsoft.com/.../h:TrackingId>

</s:Header>

<s:Body>

<PollGenerateReportResponse xmlns="adcenter.microsoft.com/v7">

<ReportRequestStatus xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance">

<ReportDownloadUrl i:nil="true"/>

<Status>Pending</Status>

</ReportRequestStatus>

</PollGenerateReportResponse>

</s:Body>

</s:Envelope>

I have also added few campaigns, adgroups and ads through sandbox credentials and i am getting success in that but i am not able to download the report, it just goes on loading and loading, this is really harassing me.

Please help me its urgent to sort out this issue.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Hello Ricky,

No reply yet , this is really annoying me, i am not able to get the reply since four to five days.

Not happy with the service.

Thanks

Ronak Shah

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:04 AM
  • Hello Anyone,

Please reply.

Thanks

Ronak Shah

Friday, June 29, 2012 10:28 PM
  • Hello Ronak,

I apologize for my delayed response. I am investigating this and will follow-up as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience :-)

Monday, July 2, 2012 5:05 PM
  • Okay Ricky but do solve this, its a bug in sandbox v7.

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:53 AM
  • I run the PHP Sample that Shows How to Request and Download a Bing Ads Report prompt a lot of mistakes, the urgent need to solve,Can't call out the information platform.thankyou.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:05 AM
  • Hi Huxin,

We need more details on the specific errors to be able to help. Alternatively, you can reach out to our support at advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/.../contact-sales-and-support for immediate help.

Thanks

Ravi Modalavalasa

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:28 PM
  • Hello everybody,

I want to know how to realize web page display bing ads platform of data information?To realize data deletion in addition to increase。

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:12 PM
  • Hello huxin,

We are haing trouble understanding your quesitons. Could you provide more details?

Monday, October 22, 2012 5:09 PM
  • Hello RICKY;

I'd like to invoke data informatio of bing ads over web page,to display  data on the web page ,such as hot key words, click, etc.It is just like stock information scrolling on the screen,but not download data report with DOS command operator ,Can you tell me what should I do?

Monday, October 22, 2012 8:50 PM
  • Hi everybody;

I want to know how to through the bing ads API interface to call a certain industry keywords to be displayed on the web

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Hello Huxin,

If I understand you correctly, I believe you want to know if we offer some type of API service that provides the top keywords. The service that Microsoft offers called Ad Intelligence.

Ad Intelligence service API, see the information below.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg670968.aspx

The Ad Intelligence service provides operations that you can use to get information about how keywords have performed historically, the suggested relevant keywords from the content of a specified URL or from other keywords, the suggested minimum keyword bid that may result in ads appearing in the specified position in the search results, and the possible position where ads might appear given the specified bid.

The results also include estimates of clicks, average cost per click (CPC), impressions, click-through rate (CTR), and total cost that the specified keyword could generate.

For details about the operations included in this service, see Ad Intelligence Service Reference.

For the web service address of this service, see Ad Intelligence Web Service Addresses.

Monday, October 29, 2012 12:30 PM
  • Hi Ricky,

thank you for you answer,The sample code I've seen, but they are all in the doc command operator under operation, I want to know how to realize web page display, and REST templates how to use, thank you.

Friday, November 2, 2012 1:19 AM
  • Hi huxin,

Thank you for your patience.

If I understand your question correctly, I believe you want to know if we have REST sample code for making calls to Ad Intelligence API service?

At this time only the Campaign Management APIs support REST. All the other Bing Ads API services support only SOAP.

Thank You!

Monday, November 5, 2012 11:04 AM
  • Hi Ricky

Thank you for your patience.

I want  to know, Through the bing ads API can obtain a industry data detailed information?

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:10 AM
  • Hi Huxin,

Apologies for my delay on responding. I'm not completely sure I understand your question when you are referring to " industry data detailed information'?

Could you specify? Are you asking about search trends or information specific to your advertising account?

Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:47 PM
  • Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your answer,Now have another problem distress I, how to through the bing ads API for industry data (such as 3c industry), but according to my understanding, bing ads API can only manage their account information,how to solve this problem. thank you.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:23 PM
  • Hi Huxin,

It is still not completely sure that I understand your questions when you are referring to 3c industry.

Can you help me understand by giving me some examples of the data you are looking for?

Thank you! :-)

Monday, November 19, 2012 10:38 AM
  • Hello,

I am getting the Keyword Performance Report through bing api, and i want the report for only those keywords which are active in ad center but but when i had gone through documentation , i found that there is not an opiton provided to filter the report data by Status Active, so can any one tell me how can i get the report for active keywords only?

Thanks

Ronak Shah

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:43 AM
  • Hi Ronak,

To answer your question about the Keyword performance report column for "Status" answer can be found in the forum here:

community.bingads.microsoft.com/.../73069.aspx

To actually know if the keywords are active or not, you can use the GetKeywordsByEditorialStatus Service Operation found here:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../dd797091.aspx

If you use the GetKeywordsByEditorialStatus Service Operation, you need to use the field <EditorialStatus>Active</EditorialStatus>

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:44 PM
  • HI, Ricky

I would like to know industry data through bing ads api,Take 3C products & apparel industry for example, I'd like to know what products & which countries areeffective,market share & rate in the worldwide scale,keywords whose conversation rates are high & no matter how heat they are,and ads performance of these keywords,take tabletspc for example,whose impression is 200000,clicks are 20000,and return on investment is 1:3.To sum up what I state above,I want to get data of high impressions,clicks,conversations & return on investment,and what kind of products are hot sales in Bing Search. 
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Hi Huxin,

You can obtain the data though our Bing Ads Intelligence Excel Plugin, or use the Ad Intelligence API. Here's the documentation to all the service operations - msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg670962.aspx

I hope this helps! :-)

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:46 PM