How to get current LCID from connection string in MDX RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I don't know if this is possible as all my searching ended up with no results so thought I might ask the question here. When a user connects to SSAS using a front end tool that specifies the LCID in the connection string to SSAS, is there a way to get that LCID through an MDX function in the cube? I am looking first and foremost for a built in function similar to the CustomData() function. If this is not possible then maybe a CLR function could be used?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Christo

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Vankayala

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately that does not do exactly what I require. I need to be able to get the LCID that an external users has connected to the cube with in the MDX script of the cube. From what I have seen there seem to be no way to do it other than to write a CLR function. I was hoping there was a built in MDX function that could provide this.

Kind Regards,
    Christo

• Proposed as answer by Jerry Nee Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Christo Olivier Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:09 PM

All replies

• I am not sure below helps but see if this is what you are looking for?

Execute the mdx query in sql management studio and in the output

Select { Measures.Members  } on 0

from [Cube]

cell properties value,  language, formatted_value, format_string

Double click the data cell, you can see the language (and properties mentioned above)

Language (this) is one more thing we can look ... check this link http://www.ssas-info.com/analysis-services-faq/27-mdx/244-how-change-currency-symbol-based-on-selected-currency-dimension-member

Regards

Vankayala

Vankayala S
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:43 PM
  • Hi Vankayala

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately that does not do exactly what I require. I need to be able to get the LCID that an external users has connected to the cube with in the MDX script of the cube. From what I have seen there seem to be no way to do it other than to write a CLR function. I was hoping there was a built in MDX function that could provide this.

Kind Regards,
    Christo

• Proposed as answer by Jerry Nee Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Christo Olivier Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:09 PM
  • Sorry, in that case!
    Vankayala S
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:23 PM
  • No worries, thank you very much for replying, all ideas and resources are always great.

Regards,

Christo

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:32 PM