help!! - web.config section replacements problem in web deployment projects RRS feed

• Question

• User1855733172 posted

Hi,

I have a website developed using c# vs 2005 (.net 2.0) and i added a web deployment project to it. I also have a customconf.config file which is a replica of the web.config but with some changes in the connection strings.

I specified in the property pages of the web deployment projects as "connectionStrings=customconf.config;" and the problem is that

when I build this, it copies the customconf.config file to the build folder, deletes it (i saw it getting copied into the folder and then disappearing automatically!!) and says the customconf.config could not be found.

This happens with any config file that I mention in the property pages in the deployment section, though I have that config file co-existing with the web.config file in the source path.

Please let me know if this behavior is common and how to go about it..... (all i need is to make sure that it takes the connection strings of customconf.config for the build package)..

thanks

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:58 PM

All replies

• User-2017008401 posted

Hi dotnetiscool,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I understand the problem is the customconf.config file will be copied to build folder and than be deleted automatically which result in file not found error. If I have any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.<o:p></o:p>

The problem cannot be reproduced on my box. My environment is VS.NET 2005 Pro SP1 which installed on Windows XP SP2. Have you applied VS.NET 2005 SP1?

Here is a tool can help you to troubleshoot this issue. You can download it from:<o:p></o:p>

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/Filemon.mspx <o:p></o:p>

Please use it monitor which process remove the customconf.config from build folder.<o:p></o:p>

Friday, March 30, 2007 1:25 AM