Cannot execute deploy script - autologon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

I have set up a new win 2k3 virtual machine in lab management. All agents are installed and configured (manually), state for testing and workflows shown as ready.

BuildDeployTest workflow is prepared and ready to run.

But when the build has ended in log files I see that deployment script (bat file) is executed with errors (sharepoint project):

Running Script on virtual machine testvm:
    cmd /c c:\BLD\Setup\setup_wo_reinstall.bat

c:\BLD>"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\stsadm.exe" -o addsolution -filename "VacationSystem.ContentTypes.wsp"

VacationSystem.ContentTypes.wsp: The specified file was not found.

c:\BLD>"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\stsadm.exe" -o addsolution -filename "VacationSystem.Lists.wsp"

VacationSystem.Lists.wsp: The specified file was not found.

My assumption is that lab management build plan cannot logon to this machine and as result scripts are not executed. If I logon to this machine manually and execute this script, then no errors are returned.

Machine are located in domain, the same domain as for tfs machine.

Any suggestions how to avoid this autologon problem?

Thanks,

Roland

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Roland,

Is revert to checkpoint or start of environment is done on environment as part of BuildDeployTest workflow?

In case of revert or start of Virtual machine, there is a strong chance that sharepoint services might not be completely up and u need to wait for sharepoint services or restart the services if required as part of deploy script set_wo_reinstall.bat

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:59 AM
  • Hi Sanjay,

thanks for reply,

Your answer insipred me to closer check sharepoint deployment and I found that script execution working directory was not the same where WSP files were located (was "c:\BLD" but expected "c:\BLD\Setup").

Now my deployment is successful! Thanks!

Best regards,

Rolands

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 11:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Roland,

Is revert to checkpoint or start of environment is done on environment as part of BuildDeployTest workflow?

In case of revert or start of Virtual machine, there is a strong chance that sharepoint services might not be completely up and u need to wait for sharepoint services or restart the services if required as part of deploy script set_wo_reinstall.bat

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:59 AM
  • Hi Sanjay,

thanks for reply,

Your answer insipred me to closer check sharepoint deployment and I found that script execution working directory was not the same where WSP files were located (was "c:\BLD" but expected "c:\BLD\Setup").

Now my deployment is successful! Thanks!

Best regards,

Rolands

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 11:42 AM