none
Lightswitch RRS feed

• Question

• Is Lightswitch still available? I installed Visual Studio 2015, and can't find any downloads to add Lightswitch. Tried using the Office Tools download which includes LightSwitch, but it only works for Visual Studio 2013. Has Lightswitch been discontinued, and if so, can anyone suggest alternatives to learn, and build database web applications? I am new to .NET Web development, I have experience in VBA, VB, SQL, and a bit of VB.Net, any recommendations and advice are well appreciated.

Adrian Hernandez

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your update.

Visual Studio 2015 is the last release of Visual Studio that includes the LightSwitch tooling and we recommend users not begin new application development with LightSwitch. That said, we will continue to support users with existing LightSwitch applications, including critical bug fixes and security issues as per the Microsoft Support Lifecycle. 

For more, please refer to here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lightswitch/2016/10/14/lightswitch-update/

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ahpitre Friday, December 16, 2016 3:11 PM
    Friday, December 16, 2016 8:03 AM

All replies