none
unable to set up projects after switching Visual studio from simplified chinese to English

Question

• My original Visual studio enterprise 2015 is of chinese. then I add the english language pack. however,after I switch it from chinese to english, I can't set up the project successfully.even with the simple c++ desktop project, I assume it is becuase of the project template? the old project template is still of chinese? so how can I add new english project template to my Visual studio?

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 3:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Zhuang0123,

According to your description, I create a English Windows 10 VM and install a Chinese version Visual Studio 2015 Community Update 3 (since I don't have update 2 installer). Then install English language pack for my Visual Studio 2015. I found that the C++ Win32 project template language is changed based on the language pack. After I change my Visual Studio to English, the Win32 project also become English.

Please try update your Visual Studio to Update 3 to check whether this issue has been resolved in Update 3.

I have another conjecture, whether this issue related to the Windows language version. I will create a Chinese Windows 10 VM and try above steps again to confirm whether this is caused by the Windows language or not. After testing, I will tell you the result as soon as possible.

Update:

I have tried on Chinese Windows 10 machine and after I change language from Chinese to English, the C++ Win32 projects and General projects are all change to English. So please install Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 and try again to confirm whether this issue related to Update 2 bug.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Zhuang0123,

>> however,after I switch it from chinese to english, I can't set up the project successfully

Do you get any error message when create new project? Please share the detailed error message that you get, which can help us find out what happened for your Visual Studio.

According to your description, I installed a Chinese language pack for my English version Visual Studio 2015 and switch it from English to Chinese. Then restart my Visual Studio and create a C++ Universal app, which can be created successful in my side.

And how do you switch your Visual Studio from Chinese to English? We often switch the Visual Studio language from Tools -> Options -> Environment -> International Settings. After saving this setting, please restart your Visual Studio to make sure this setting has been changed.

If you get some error message when create project, please try repair your Visual Studio through Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio 2015 -> Change -> Repair to check whether the Visual Studio installation is damaged when installing the language pack.

In addition, my Visual Studio 2015 installed the latest Update. Please check your Visual Studio 2015, whether it also installed the latest Update. If not, please download and install from below link.

https://www.visualstudio.com/news/releasenotes/vs2015-update3-vs

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 5:15 AM
  • Hi WeiWei,

Thanks for your reply. My visual studio is of Visual studio  enterprise 2015 update 2. We did switch the Visual Studio language from Tools -> Options -> Environment -> International Settings.

and I did tried the universal project, it works. and it failed  for C++ win32 project, and normal project. I just found such project teamplate are still of chinese name, perhaps that is the reason?

failed to create win32 C++ project

Chinease project template after switch to English in VS2015 update2.

Monday, July 11, 2016 4:55 AM
  • Hi Zhuang0123,

According to your description, I create a English Windows 10 VM and install a Chinese version Visual Studio 2015 Community Update 3 (since I don't have update 2 installer). Then install English language pack for my Visual Studio 2015. I found that the C++ Win32 project template language is changed based on the language pack. After I change my Visual Studio to English, the Win32 project also become English.

Please try update your Visual Studio to Update 3 to check whether this issue has been resolved in Update 3.

I have another conjecture, whether this issue related to the Windows language version. I will create a Chinese Windows 10 VM and try above steps again to confirm whether this is caused by the Windows language or not. After testing, I will tell you the result as soon as possible.

Update:

I have tried on Chinese Windows 10 machine and after I change language from Chinese to English, the C++ Win32 projects and General projects are all change to English. So please install Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 and try again to confirm whether this issue related to Update 2 bug.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:13 AM
  • Thanks WeiWei, I will try the update 3. thanks.
    Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:16 AM