none
Updating Test Step and Test Case status (Pass/Fail) in VSTS/TFS RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Me and my team working on updating the Test Cases/ Test Step status to Pass or Fail using REST APIs. <o:p></o:p>

We created a Personal Access Token(PAT) and used that to get all the Project, Suite, Test Case, Runs related details from our TFS. But using the same PAT we are unable to update the status using the PATCH Verb provided in a Microsoft Document is throwing 403 Forbidden. I have also attached the JSON response below.<o:p></o:p>

{
        "$id": "1",
        "innerException": null,
        "message": "You are not authorized to access this API. Please contact your project administrator",
        "typeName": "System.UnauthorizedAccessException, mscorlib, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089",
        "typeKey": "UnauthorizedAccessException",
        "errorCode": 0,
        "eventId": 0
    }<o:p></o:p>

Please help us to understand the authentication levels of accessing our TFS from REST APIs. Also please confirm whether the POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE methods can be executed on TFS just by using Basic Authentication, if not what is the authentication type to be used for such methods.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks in advance, Peace.<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Karthick Sabesan,

TFS/VSTS forum was retired in MSDN, but you could post your issue to the StackOverflow forum with TFS/VSTS tags, there you would get dedicated support.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:46 AM