Is there anyone who developed project in sql 2008 r2, authentication mode and not experienced problem? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm about to give up the use of Lightswitch.

Is there anyone who developed project in sql 2008 r2, authentication mode and not experienced problem?

I your answer is yes, Could you explain how you publish the project?

M.S.Getiren

Friday, January 4, 2013 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understood that you tried to use windows integrated authentication with your lightswitch application?

We are using Windows Integrated Authentication whenever possible just to keep everything save. But I never used the Microsoft way to publish a lightswitch application.

The publishing is always done manually which means:
    - The server is set up manually including IIS and ASP.Net, Windows integrated authentication and such stuff must be installed properly.
    - The configuration is done manually (once) means: ApplicationPool and Web Application inside IIS are set up
    - Then only the files inside the zip file that was created by Visual Studio through publish is copied inside the web application directory. (But skip all the directories inside it. Just start with the directory where you have the default.htm file and include subdirectories!)
    - Do not forget to edit the web.config to put the correct connection strings inside!

Windows integrated authentication required these configuration steps:
    - Inside the web.config file you had to put connection strings which use windows integrated authentication
    - The ApplicationPool must run with a user that has access to the database.

I hope this was helpfull.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, January 4, 2013 11:14 AM
  • Can you give a bit more information? 

Is the application and the Database on the same server?

Is the problem that you are trying to use Integrated Security with your connection to the database?  Or are you actually having issues with the windows authentication in your lightswitch app?

Derek

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:07 PM
  • What sort of problems / errors are you getting?
    Monday, January 7, 2013 3:33 AM