Disable Intellisense in Blend 3 RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently running a WPF solution in Blend 3 and Intellisense is extremely slow.

Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 beta 2 do not have any problems, Blend 2 did not have any issues either.

How would it be possible to disable Intellisense in the XAML editor.

Many Thanks,

KShaban
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,
          Unfortunately there is no option in Blend 3 to turn off intellisense in XAML editor. We would appreciate if you can share more detail about the performance issue you are seeing, is it possible for you to share a repro which we can investigate? Please feel free to send information to navits at microsoft dot com.

Thanks,
    Navit Saxena
    • Proposed as answer by navits - MSFT Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:47 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:47 PM
  • Navit,

I know it's been a while, but I came across this post just recently.

We have huge minute long hangs that occur within Blend, while it trys to reflect on the assemblies and generate the intellisense.  There are also many other times when we switch between Blend and Visual Studio that Blend hangs while it trys to figure everything out.

I believe it is the reflection or whatever Blend does to find the intellisense, behaviors, etc. within our solution that cause us so much grief.

We use Blend 3 and 4 extensively at Gemvision.  We create jewelry design software in Wpf and Silverlight.  We however are only a .DLL plug-in for a CAD Engine.  Rhino 3D is our engine, and it provides a .NET Wrapper to the C++ and COM calls that it does under the covers.

It is that Wrapper .DLL that appears to fail to be resolved in Blend.  Many times blend will throw up several exceptions such as when you go to the Assets section to find a control, it appears to reflect back through the assemblies again and hangs on the Rhino stuff for a minute or two.

It is extremely frustrating.  I realize we are an "edge case" for Blend, but if there were an option to "Cache the Assemblies" and it could do its work once when starting up, we could save probably a half hour a day of frustration while we wait.

At the very least if we could disable Intellisense that would help a lot.

Thanks for your help,

Jason Stevenson

www.Gemvision.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:19 PM