Where can I download historic open specifications (Exchange Server Protocol) from? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Where can I download the Open Specification historic for Exchange Server Protocol PDF's from, I am specifically interested in 2007 & 2010 (2013 is published so I have that already) as these do not appear to be available.

I am asking as I need to understand the PidLid's added and removed by version to ensure I can process messages, calendars, tasks etc by exchange server version. While some of this still exists online on MSDN it only contains the fact that PidLid was removed in version 'x' but obviously not how to handle historic PidLid's in comparison to the current specifications.

Regards,

Nick

Friday, February 20, 2015 10:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Nick,

Thank you for your patience. In general, historic versions of Open Specifications documentation are not guaranteed to be available. However, there is still a release of the Exchange 2007 documentation online, available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10961. As far as I know, there is not an equivalent release still online for Exchange 2010.

You should find version-specific differences in behavior highlighted in the Product Behavior appendix of any particular specification. You will also encounter angle-bracketed numbers that link to product-specific notes in that same appendix. If you have found properties that differ between versions and are not so noted, you should bring those to our attention for further investigation so that we can make sure that they are documented appropriately.

Best regards,
    Matt Weber | Microsoft Open Specifications Team

• Marked as answer by Nick Buller Monday, March 2, 2015 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:05 PM

All replies

• Hello Nick,

I am looking into this and will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Friday, February 20, 2015 11:56 PM
  • Hello Nick,

Thank you for your patience. In general, historic versions of Open Specifications documentation are not guaranteed to be available. However, there is still a release of the Exchange 2007 documentation online, available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10961. As far as I know, there is not an equivalent release still online for Exchange 2010.

You should find version-specific differences in behavior highlighted in the Product Behavior appendix of any particular specification. You will also encounter angle-bracketed numbers that link to product-specific notes in that same appendix. If you have found properties that differ between versions and are not so noted, you should bring those to our attention for further investigation so that we can make sure that they are documented appropriately.

Best regards,

• Marked as answer by Nick Buller Monday, March 2, 2015 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:05 PM