How upload XAP file with Windows Phone Power Tools on tablet?

Question

• Hi all,

I would need to upload a XAP file done for Windows 8 Phone to a Windows 8.1 Tablet.

I know that Windows Phone Power Tools do it but since this tool was done for Windows 8 Phone and not for Tablet, for it. Could I upload this XAP into my Tablet with it?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Alejandro

Friday, December 20, 2013 9:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Alejandro,

You cannot run Windows Phone apps on Windows. You will need to retarget and rebuild your game for the different OSes. I'm not familiar enough with Unity to know what all you would need to do to switch the project to a Windows Store app.

For help using Unity you'll probably be better off posting in a Unity forum.

--Rob

Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:00 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I don't understand the context of your question - you want to run a phone project natively on Windows 8.1?  Or do you just want to upload the xap to the emulator on 8.1?  That part should work fine.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, December 20, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Hi Moderator,

First of all, thanks for your help !

Maybe my question is a little rare but I would like to explain you a little better my problem for that you can understand.

Since I am making a Unity game by Visual Studio and it works fine in my windows 8 phone but I have some problems in my Tablet for it ( with my Windows Store project), I was thinking in installing my game for Windows 8 phone to my Tablet to see if it works fine.

To be more specific in my problem my Win8phone project works fine in my Lumia 620 by touch screen and my Laptop( with a Windows Store project and by Keyboard and mouse) as well, but my Windows Store project it is not working well in my Tablet because I should use touch screen in it and not by Keyboard and mouse,

Hope this make sense for you

Sorry for my little English

Best Regards

Alejandro

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:49 AM
  • Hi Alejandro,

You cannot run Windows Phone apps on Windows. You will need to retarget and rebuild your game for the different OSes. I'm not familiar enough with Unity to know what all you would need to do to switch the project to a Windows Store app.

For help using Unity you'll probably be better off posting in a Unity forum.

--Rob

Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:00 PM
    Owner