Export rdlc to word - create a rendering extension RRS feed

• Question

• User-1919454513 posted

Hi all.

This is an age old problem we've been facing - the inability to export from report viewer to word.

The only available product on the market (correct me if I'm wrong) - Aspose -  is way too expensive for such a specific function.

We're considering implementing our own a rendering extension for word, and would appreciate your help in getting started. Please point us to an article/link/example on the subject.

Our deadline is close, and we're desparate, so please help !

Thanks .

Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:11 PM

Answers

• User1137074964 posted

Hi all.

This is an age old problem we've been facing - the inability to export from report viewer to word.

The only available product on the market (correct me if I'm wrong) - Aspose -  is way too expensive for such a specific function.

We're considering implementing our own a rendering extension for word, and would appreciate your help in getting started. Please point us to an article/link/example on the subject.

Thanks .

Hi,

How about SSRS 2008?

Alexei Cioina.

My website based on SSRS 2005

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 4:42 PM
  • User161497555 posted

Hello,

Use SSRS 2008. It has a new option to Export Report To Word.

Monday, February 23, 2009 5:09 AM

All replies

• User1137074964 posted

Hi all.

Thanks .

Hi,

How about SSRS 2008?

Alexei Cioina.

My website based on SSRS 2005

Sunday, February 22, 2009 4:42 PM
  • User161497555 posted

Hello,

Use SSRS 2008. It has a new option to Export Report To Word.

Monday, February 23, 2009 5:09 AM
  • User-1919454513 posted

Hi and thanks for your replies,

Unfortunately, we don't have this option, since we're using rdlc reports.

There was some talk about a patch fix for the report viewer on the next VS 2008 service pack. Do you think it's worth the wait or should we go on and create a rendering extension ? Is it very complicated to implement?

Monday, February 23, 2009 7:17 AM
  • User521320855 posted

Hi,
    We are also having the similar kind of problem. We have to create our own and custom rendering extension to export SSRS reports into excel sheet sheet. In the exported excel sheet, the sheet names have to be renamed to the report's group by criteria. I just started working on this but not getting any kind of information on the msdn and in any other website. I have created a sample rendering extension but when I am using it after deploying it, I am getting rsRenderingExtensionNotFound error which is logged into the ExecutionLogStorage Table in the ReportServer. It is very frustrating to know that there is no proper information available bot even in the Microsoft site. But, I am still trying. By the way, you can refer the follwoing link:

http://www.sharepointblogs.com/kwanl/archive/2007/05/03/writing-a-rendering-extension-for-reporting-services-2005.aspx

All the best.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 1:40 AM
  • User-1397306335 posted

You can use Visual Studio 2010 and report viewer 10 to get this option(Export to Word) from RDLC.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 12:01 PM