none
LDscrollbar arrow keys Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello again.

I was messing around and ran into this bug. If you Select the GW while you have a scrollbar added, the arrow keys stop triggering the GW.Keydown event.

GraphicsWindow.Width = 800
    GraphicsWindow.Height = 600

GraphicsWindow.Show()
    GraphicsWindow.KeyDown = Kd
    LDScrollBars.Add(2000,2000)
    LDScrollBars.Visibility = "False"

Sub Kd 
      TextWindow.WriteLine("KeyDown")
      EndSub

Select the GW and then try using the arrow keys.

Thanks!

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:19 AM
    Answerer

Answers

• Thanks for reporting. 

If you don't set the visibiity to false it works and the problem has something to do with moving scrollbars with arrow keys and I can't seem to get it to register this event since the hidden scrollbars hijack it in some way.

For this case use LDTextWindow.KeyDown event (low level OS key events before it even gets to the scrollbars).

EDIT

I think I have fixed it for next release - test version here.

Friday, December 5, 2014 8:42 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting. 

If you don't set the visibiity to false it works and the problem has something to do with moving scrollbars with arrow keys and I can't seem to get it to register this event since the hidden scrollbars hijack it in some way.

For this case use LDTextWindow.KeyDown event (low level OS key events before it even gets to the scrollbars).

EDIT

I think I have fixed it for next release - test version here.

Friday, December 5, 2014 8:42 PM
  • Sweet! That should do it!

EDIT: Just had another question real quick. How hard would it be to turn off the ability to move the scrollbar with the arrows? It would help a lot with "Twitching scrollbars" :D

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11

Friday, December 5, 2014 9:12 PM
    Answerer
  • KeyScroll property added for this and test upload
    Friday, December 5, 2014 9:51 PM