none
Visual Studio 2010 - Deployment of Excel VSTO - works on Excel 2010 but not 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a document level VSTO application  (Excel 2007) using the .net 4.0 framework that we have successfully compiled and created a click-once installation for.

The installation works fine on a machine with Excel 2010 and Windows 7.  However it does not function on any machine (XP or Windows 7) with Excel 2007.  We simply get the error "The customization assembly could not be found or loaded" ...

We have tried the hotfix for office 2007 mentioned in other posts to no avail.  We have set the document location to trusted and ensured the security setting trust the VBA module.  Any other suggestions as to something obvious we missed?

Thanks,

Friday, April 6, 2012 4:55 PM

Answers

• Thanks for being pro-active - the last problem was solved by switching ADODB libraries from the .COM 2.8 to the .net 7.x.  Then a whole lot of scrubbing since we were converting VBA code.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, April 16, 2012 5:51 AM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi CarpeVideo,

What is the version of your Office which you installed on the development machine? If the Office 2010 is installed on the development machine, the problem may happen like this scenario. Because some new features and functions in Excel 2010 is not included or are the same with Excel 2007.

Did you use some new features in Excel 2010? For example: slicer feature, for more details about new features of Excel 2010, please refer to this article:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/excel-2010-features-and-benefits-HA101806958.aspx

Please check whether it could be this issue.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Edited by Bruce Song Monday, April 9, 2012 6:59 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2012 6:58 AM
  • Thanks for the ideas - it is not using any 2010 functionality.

I am a step further - I reinstalled CS2010 and recompiled and now it works on both except for a small error,  if I can't get further I will be back.

CV

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:47 AM
  • Hi CarpeVideo,

How about the problem on your side? Do you still need any assistant about the problem? If you still show any concern on the problem, just feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, April 13, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Thanks for being pro-active - the last problem was solved by switching ADODB libraries from the .COM 2.8 to the .net 7.x.  Then a whole lot of scrubbing since we were converting VBA code.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, April 16, 2012 5:51 AM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 12:41 PM