none
Windows CE/mobile 6 RIL development RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How do i develop RIL driver for my own modem?

I've installled VS 2005, Windows CE 6 and platform builder. But there is no development environment for windows mobile. Is there a way to create OS image with modified for windows mobile 6 using platform builder?

or

Should i need license from Microsoft to do so?

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Monday, September 19, 2011 7:04 AM (From:Windows Mobile Development)
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I think your issue should be raised in the Windows Embedded Compact Platform Development. I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:04 AM
  • Gugan, you've asked this question on several forums about Windows Phone, Windows Embedded CE and Windows Mobile but the answer is basically the same: Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7, although both based on Windows CE, are marketed by MSFT in a different way; the development tools for customizing the OS on the specific device are reserved only to a few OEM's/partners who sell thousand devices.

You say that you want to develop a RIL driver for a modem that you need to integrate in Windows Phone 7: why? And how would you practically do it?

I mean: WP7 devices includes a modem by design, does your modem brings some specific feature that is not supported by WP7 devices? For example I have a WP7 LG Optimus 7 which has a modem supporting GSM 850; GSM 900; GSM 1800; GSM 1900; HSDPA 7.2; HSUPA 5.6; UMTS 850; UMTS 1900; UMTS 2100.

Suppose your modem has something 'special', how would I connect your modem to my phone? Bluetooth?

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Monday, September 19, 2011 7:53 AM