Access 2016 - open FORM with "You do not have exclusive access to the database..." popup RRS feed

• Question

• i never saw this popup message in old platform (Win81, Access 2013 and SQL2012)

Now the platform is changed to Win10, Access 2016 and SQL2016

All Access are set to share mode

no problem to open the Access file.

But after clicking to open one of the FORM by 2nd user, popup come up

1st user has no popup

but other FORMs in the Access file has no such problem

Lastly i restored last month fine copy to solve it.

i do not know the cause of error, when will it happen again

is the Access file corrupted a little bit?

Any ideas?   Thanks a lot.

Friday, August 26, 2016 4:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• From your description I understand you have an Access FE with a SQL Server BE, correct?

Do all users have their own copy of the FE on their local machine? That is the only reliable configuration.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:01 PM
  • I agree with Tom. Please clarify how Access FE/BE is configured including client machines.

Best regards, George

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:14 PM
  • Hi TW88,

you had mentioned a small part of the error, "You do not have exclusive access to the database."

is the full error looks like this? "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later".

if so then please visit the link below you will get information regarding Symptoms, Cause , Work around for this issue.

The link is for the older version of Access but still can work for you in newer version of Access.

You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later

also you can refer the thread below in which user have a same issue like yours with Access 2013.

Access 2013 "You do not have exclusive access to the database..."

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 29, 2016 1:06 AM
  • Thanks

it is only a access file shared by few network users

the popup message is "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later"

as last i restored the last month copy of access file

Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:30 AM
  • Hi TW88,

is your issue solved by following the steps mentioned in the link?

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:40 AM