Can azure vm support this requirement?

Thanks for the help.

og-bit.com

• Edited by ozkaryMVP Friday, December 14, 2012 2:02 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 2:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The VM may technicaly support it, but the licensing does not.

There is a "Remote Desktop Services Questions" section in the Azure licensgin FAQ that explains the restirictions.

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/licensing-faq/

Regards,

Alan

Free e-book: Windows Azure Service Bus Developer Guide.

• Marked as answer by ozkaryMVP Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:33 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 6:37 AM
  • 0zkitar,

The licensing may not be able to support this configuration. Please review the link that Alan had posted and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Patrick [MSFT]

Friday, December 14, 2012 11:55 PM
  • Hi,

I see the license restriction. Thanks for the help.

A comment:

There are many small businesses that run business applications with this kind of requirement. It would be an ideal solution for those business to not have to host their own server or concern with co-locating a dedicated server.  Perhaps in a near future this becomes available. 

og-bit.com

Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:33 AM
  • Yes, this would be a very useful feature if the Azure VM can allow multiple users to RDP and use the small business's application.  IS there a way around to doing this if the licensing is the obstacle?  Would I have to create a VM for every one of our customers? That may be costly.  Would I not be able to purchase CALs for my multiple customers on the single VM?

JW

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:00 PM
  • I agree with above comments.

I was about to deploy my App - but now discover that my clients will be unable to access the App installed in the Cloud.

So where's the advantage:-- I want to have One version of the Application Cloud Hosted, but accessible by multiple users at the same time.

Is there a work around to this problem OR will it be available from Azure in the Future OR should I be looking elsewhere to Host my SAAS.

:(

david

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:59 PM