script runtime error Sys.Debug is null or not an object. Cascading drop down RRS feed

• Question

• User-431379365 posted

I upgraded to the new ajaxtoolkit and now my CascadingDropDown dropdownlist do not work. I receive a script runtime error sys.debug is null or not an object. The examples do not work either.
    I have restarted IIS, deleted cached if files dll and pdb nothing has corrected the issue. I see there are other post with the same problem has anyone found a resolution?
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I have rolled back to the prior release in the meantime

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:38 PM

All replies

• User-1429816726 posted
    Please try the Ctrl+F5 workaround outlined here: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1546990.aspx
    Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:14 PM
  • User-431379365 posted
    That did not work either, and I don't think I want to tell the user community they have to hit Ctrl+f5
    Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:22 PM
  • User2067636434 posted

Unless you use it you could comment out the Sys.Debug.assert line of code in the cascading drop down.js file.  Dirty I know but it will work!

hth
    Steve

Saturday, January 27, 2007 3:12 PM
  • User-1035493934 posted

Hey All,

Ran into same problem...MicrosoftAjax.js reference gave me clue to find out what I had. Checked folder \Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025\MicrosoftAjaxLibrary\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0 to find I had 2 folders "debug" and "release" with versions of MicrosoftAjax.js. To make long story short, went to Control Panel, "Add or Remove Programs", removed Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX 2.0 extensions, downloaded new version (just in case my original install was screwy), reinstalled and voila...worked.

HTH

Dave

Monday, January 29, 2007 3:29 PM
  • User-1558827206 posted

Hey All,

Ran into same problem...MicrosoftAjax.js reference gave me clue to find out what I had. Checked folder \Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025\MicrosoftAjaxLibrary\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0 to find I had 2 folders "debug" and "release" with versions of MicrosoftAjax.js. To make long story short, went to Control Panel, "Add or Remove Programs", removed Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX 2.0 extensions, downloaded new version (just in case my original install was screwy), reinstalled and voila...worked.

HTH

Dave

thanks for the tip. I downloaded the tool kit cause I wanted the calendar control only to find out other things broke. I had the December version and there is now a Jan. version of the Ajax.net extensions. Also some changes with the web.config file. I sure hope we dont have to reinstall everything every time a new toolkit version is released.
    Wednesday, January 31, 2007 3:24 PM
  • User-1558827206 posted

Hey All,

HTH

Dave

thanks for the tip. I downloaded the tool kit cause I wanted the calendar control only to find out other things broke. I had the December version and there is now a Jan. version of the Ajax.net extensions. Also some changes with the web.config file. I sure hope we dont have to reinstall everything every time a new toolkit version is released.
    Wednesday, January 31, 2007 3:24 PM