none
Deployment of signed driver package for multiple Windows OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I've got my driver signed for windows 8.1.

When I install it on Windows 8 - I've got this error message:

Error 0xe0000244: The software was tested for compliance with Windows Logo requirements on a different version of Windows

I have also signed version of the driver for Windows 8

How can I combine in a single package?

Thanks

Haim 

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Haim,

This should be possible. When you test your driver using the HCK, you can add 2 machines to the test pool, one running win8 one running win8.1 and run the appropriate tests on both systems. You will have to select 2 test targets in this case, one for each machine. When saving the HCKX package you typically select a driver package to add to the HCKX - in this case you should associate the same driver with both of the HCK test targets.

Potentially simpler solution: Using the 8.1 WHCK you can also merge the two different hckx packages (that you already have) before submitting to the Windows Dev Center Hardware Dashboard. (I.e. you don't need to re-test with both targets in the same HCK project).

With the updated HCKX that contains both targets, the catalog file returned to you by the HW Dashboard should be applicable to win8 as well as 8.1

-Khuram

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:49 PM

All replies

• do you have multiple driver packages now? are you going through the windows signing portal or self signing?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:13 PM
  • Yes - we have also package for Windows 8

These 2 packages are certified using WHCK

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:50 PM
  • Hi Haim,

This should be possible. When you test your driver using the HCK, you can add 2 machines to the test pool, one running win8 one running win8.1 and run the appropriate tests on both systems. You will have to select 2 test targets in this case, one for each machine. When saving the HCKX package you typically select a driver package to add to the HCKX - in this case you should associate the same driver with both of the HCK test targets.

Potentially simpler solution: Using the 8.1 WHCK you can also merge the two different hckx packages (that you already have) before submitting to the Windows Dev Center Hardware Dashboard. (I.e. you don't need to re-test with both targets in the same HCK project).

With the updated HCKX that contains both targets, the catalog file returned to you by the HW Dashboard should be applicable to win8 as well as 8.1

-Khuram

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:49 PM
  • Thanks Khuram

I've already submitted 8.1 hckx to Windows Dev Center Hardware Dashboard 

To avoid extra submission, is it possible to use the 2 certified packages together in a single setup? 

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:37 PM
  • In order to get a single driver package that's signed for both operating systems, you'd need a new submission - it's not possible to merge signed driver packages.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by using the certified packages "together in a single setup" ?

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:45 PM