Changing the column order in dispform / newform RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to change the column order in dispform/newform.

I had tested with the above thread that you posted, it still applied to the SharePoint 2013 list.

You can check with the following steps.

List Settings->Advanced settings->select Yes in Allow management of content types->Ok.

In the Content Type, click Item->Column order->change the order of the column.

You can also recreate a new list, then check whether it worked, maybe the list had already corrupted.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason 

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to change the column order in dispform/newform.

I had tested with the above thread that you posted, it still applied to the SharePoint 2013 list.

You can check with the following steps.

List Settings->Advanced settings->select Yes in Allow management of content types->Ok.

In the Content Type, click Item->Column order->change the order of the column.

You can also recreate a new list, then check whether it worked, maybe the list had already corrupted.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason 

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:24 AM
  • Ah Pants, I went into "Site Settings - Site Content Type" not Content Type that was right under "Advanced Settings" Lol, Thank you very much :).
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:45 AM