none
Validation error 3201: The publisher display name, $username$, specified in the package doesn't match the publisher name RRS feed

• Question

• I've used Visual Studio 2015 to build an Apache Cordova application for Windows Phone 8.1 (Universal).

I've used the wizard to build the package file for me, but upon uploading the 'appxupload' file to the Dev Center, it threw this error:

"3201: The publisher display name, The publisher display name, $username$, specified in the package doesn’t match the publisher name, Ciaran, that’s associated with the developer account., specified in the package doesn’t match the publisher name, , that’s associated with the developer account."

So, based on this I went to Project -> Store -> Associate App with the Store

From what I gather, this should download the appropriate information from my developer account and modify my local app manifest file... but after doing this my package still didn't seem to get updated? Any ideas why?

I tried re-generating the package file, and I checked the .appxmanifest.xml file, and still the <PublisherDisplayName> is $username$ ...

I investigated further and found that when I associate my app with the store, the data seems to get downloaded to a file with the name 'package/windows/appxmanifest', when I open that one it seems to contain the correct details, but when I generate the app package, the generated app package doesn't reflect the data that was downloaded from my developer account.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 11:53 PM