AxWindowsMediaPlayer RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition, Visual C++, Windows Forms Application.

I’m trying to write an application using AxWindowsMediaPlayer. I’ve created a simple application which contains the AxWindowsMediaPlayer If I launch the application from within the Visual Studio window,   the application launches and runs OK. When I place the executable program on my desktop and try to launch it, it will not run. I get a generic Microsoft message;

“<name of .exe program> has encountered a problem and needs to close. etc, etc….”

I have Windows Media Player version 11 installed on the my PC.

I’ve read some things on the internet implying that you need a license to distribute the AxWindowsMediaPlayer in a custom application but I see nothing that says you need a license to run it on your desktop.   It would seem that if I can run it within the Visual Studio window, I should be able to run it from the desk top.

Am I missing a dll file or something?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

DJLWilson
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:38 PM

Answers

• Did you copy it from the DEBUG folder? Did you copy ALL the files from the DEBUG folder to the Desktop?

• Proposed as answer by bravezhou Friday, December 17, 2010 6:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, December 20, 2010 6:17 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 12:16 AM

All replies

• Did you copy it from the DEBUG folder? Did you copy ALL the files from the DEBUG folder to the Desktop?

• Proposed as answer by bravezhou Friday, December 17, 2010 6:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, December 20, 2010 6:17 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 12:16 AM

• Brian,

Thanks so much! when I was originally testing, I copied just the .exe file from the debug folder to the desktop. After I read your reply, I went back and noticed that there are 2 .dll files in the debug folder. I copied the 2 dll files and the . exe file to the desk top, launched the program and get no errors. IT WORKS!

Thanks again.
    DJLWilson
    Friday, December 17, 2010 1:23 AM