none
ATA Miniport Drivers and MSInterrupts? RRS feed

• Question

• Storport miniports (in general) do support MSInterrupts.  It is documented.  I have implemented it.  It is working.

Please point me to the documentation to implement MSInterrupts for ATA Miniport Drivers (including the INF registry values to enable)?

Thank you.

rcpao

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

ATAport doesn't support MSI interrupt. There is no interface for ATA miniport driver to support it.

Is there any specific reason you want to develop an ATAport miniport driver? Otherwise, I'd recommend you use Storport model. e.g. have Storport miniport.

Regards,

Michael Xing

Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

ATAport doesn't support MSI interrupt. There is no interface for ATA miniport driver to support it.

Is there any specific reason you want to develop an ATAport miniport driver? Otherwise, I'd recommend you use Storport model. e.g. have Storport miniport.

Regards,

Michael Xing

Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:42 AM
  • Our AHCI-like PCIe adapter has the ABAR at BAR[2] instead of BAR[5].  This is a limitation of the Marvell chip we are using.  There are also some FPGA issues regarding reserved bits behaving like latched memory bits instead of always returning 0.  Our adapter also requires the use of MSInterrupts.

The easiest/quickest way to get our adapter up and running was to use the existing msahci in WDK 7.1.0 for for pre-Win8 and storahci for Win8+.  From your answer regarding MSInterrupts, it is clear that msahci or any ATA miniport cannot work for our adapter.  Since I already have storahci+WDK8 working in Win8, I will try to dumb down the storahci driver for WDK 7.1.0 to get pre-Win8 support.  XP 32-bit will be left out since it does not have Storport, while XP 64-bit has Storport.

Thank you for all of your help Michael. :)

rcpao

Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:09 PM
  • XP doesn't have MSI support either.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:53 PM
  • Oh alright, you win.  No XP of any kind (32-bit or 64-bit) for this adapter.  lolol.

rcpao

Friday, October 12, 2012 6:51 PM