none
some problems on aligning color Image and depth map RRS feed

• Question

• For aligning ,I use the function "NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel" to find the coordinate of RGB image corresponding to the

coordinate of depth image .But I found there is some shift between RGB image and the depth map corresponding to RGB image(by the function

"NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel")

here are the RGB image(http://ppt.cc/r5J9) and depth image(http://ppt.cc/Nkar)

and code as follow

for(int i=0 ; i<DEPTH_WIDTH ; i++)

{

for(int j=0 ; j<DEPTH_HIGHT ; j++)

{

USHORT realDepth = pBufferRun[j*DEPTH_WIDTH+i];    

BYTE scale = 255 - (BYTE)(256*realDepth/0x0fff);

int depthX = i ;

int depthY = j ;

long ix = 0, iy = 0;

NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel(NUI_IMAGE_RESOLUTION_640x480, NULL, 320-depthX ,depthY ,realDepth<<3 ,&ix ,&iy);

if(ix>=0 && iy>=0 && ix<640 && iy<480 )

{

buf[3*COLOR_WIDTH*iy+ix*3] = scale;

buf[3*COLOR_WIDTH*iy+ix*3+1] = scale;

buf[3*COLOR_WIDTH*iy+ix*3+2] = scale;

}

}

and the initial type of depth is NUI_IMAGE_TYPE_DEPTH

Is it wrong to use the function or it does some error because of Kinect??

• Edited by 夏飄雪 Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:08 AM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hello!

I think the phenomenon you have found is right. I remember that I have see somebody did a experiment to align the color map and the depth map bidirectionally. His result showed that there did exist a shift between them(maybe shift to left and a bit upper). So this is just a truth and maybe Microsoft will supply functions to map between both of them bidirectionally.

I wonder whether you have understood my meaning clearly, you can send me an email for further communication: huxiaoxiang@smail.nju.edu.cn

Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:33 PM
  • Thank U, Stanley.  I have solve the problem. it really  exist a shift between them. I use the function " NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel"

in SDK and relation of the disparity and depth.  Although it is still some error there. But it does improved. If U want to know it much more,

please connect me . s7531234s@gmail.com

Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:03 AM