none
Bar code font not printing when app is called from CreateProcess() RRS feed

• Question

• I have a CLR trigger on SQL Server 2008, which calls CreateProcess(). The application started by CreateProcess is a console app, which does some ADO.NET calls and some WPF printing. Everything works fine, except in the WPF printing, there is a bar code font (tried both "Free 3 of 9" and "Code39HalfInch-Regular") which does not get printed (Segoe gets printed in its place?). If I specify other fonts in the page to be printed (Consolas, Comic Sans), they render correctly. Also, if I call the console application directly from a Command Prompt window, then the bar code is rendered correctly.

What could be going on in CreateProcess() which would cause the bar code font text not to be printed correctly? I tried using both 0 and (CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP + CREATE_NO_WINDOW) for the 6th arg (dwCreationFlags) of CreateProcess(). Thanks for any input.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Cgtyoder,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I am perform research on this issue now. This is a quick note to let you know. And I will get back as soon as possible when I got some clues. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

What is the user account running from the command prompt, verses from the SQL CLR trigger?

Thanks,

Cathy Miller

Friday, May 11, 2012 7:18 PM
  • What is the user account running from the command prompt, verses from the SQL CLR trigger?

I did test using the same user account, and still have the problem.

This issue is not really important anymore - the problem was on a test printer, and the problem ended up not existing on the production printer. So thanks for your testing, but the dogs can be called off here. :)

-Conrad

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:29 PM