none
Traffic Manager probes incorrect endpoint RRS feed

• Question

• When I originally configured Traffic Manager, I configured the monitoring endpoint to request an ASPX file and everything was working fine. Several months later we removed the ASPX from our web site and therefore I changed the Traffic Manager endpoint to a different HTML file but my IIS log is filling up with HTTP 404 errors due to repeated requests for the old ASPX file. The user agent is: "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; GTMProbe 1.0)" and one of the IP Addresses where the request is coming from is: 70.37.93.10 

Doing a reverse IP lookup reveals the following information about this IP address:

IP Address Location ISP
    70.37.93.10 Redmond, Washington, United States Microsoft Hosting

This information leads me to believe the request is coming from Traffic Manager but what I don't understand is that the file being requested is not the endpoint that I have currently configured in the Azure Portal under Traffic Manager Policies. To make this even more confusing, the Poll State as indicated in the Azure portal is "Online", as if everything was fine.

I am really confused why Traffic Manager seems to be configured correctly and seems to properly report that my web sites are online but yet it continuously request an old fine which no longer exist.

Any idea what I can do to stop the requests for the old file?

• Edited by jd_cm Friday, February 15, 2013 2:56 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 2:52 AM

Answers