RDL Report Master-Details Order & Order Details RRS feed

• Question

• User-893002196 posted

Hi All,

Anyone have example how to do master-details reporting using .rdl?

Eg: I have two table

Order

Order ID | Date Purchased | TotalBill

Order Details

Order ID | SKU Code | Qty | U.Price |

The data will display like datagrid format.

When click on Order ID, then will expand showing order details.

Please Advise.

Regards,

Micheale

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:26 AM

Answers

• User-893002196 posted

Tq.

I got the solution using Visual Studio 2008 / 2010 in report wizard, drilldown method.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 4:36 AM

All replies

• User794480159 posted

I guess you can not create a report in which you can expand rows to see the details. May be i am wrong.

But i know of two ways this can be achieved not exactly but similar to the one you asked:

1) Create one report that will display Master data and create another report that takes order id as a parameter and display details for that order id. Now in the master report, Right click on OrderID textbox and choose properties - > Action. Link the textbox to another report and choose the orderId parameter to pass the second report there. Now when you run the master report, there will be a link on orderId and when you click on it, it will show you the details for that orderid in the second report.

2) Create the query in such a way that it return all the required data in single select statement e.g master data as well as details data.

Now apply grouping on order Id and date Purchased and calculate Total bill in the report itself. You can also create a document map for easy navigation and viewing details for particular orders.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:02 AM
  • User-893002196 posted

Tq.

I got the solution using Visual Studio 2008 / 2010 in report wizard, drilldown method.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 4:36 AM
  • User794480159 posted

Thanks for the information. Actually i never used wizard for creating reports. So i wasn't aware this could be done very easily.

Monday, October 3, 2011 9:52 AM