Execute Job - Only if needed (through a Job Step) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there ,

I am trying to set a Job to be executed only if needed.

My situation is this ,

I have a Report Abonnement that needs to be sent only if there is an Update in the report ,

I believe i have to do this on the "Job Step Properties" but I am not Sure on how to write the code that would only allow the Job to be Executed if

there is a need (Update within the Report)

All help is Really Appreciated

Thanks a lot.

Monday, June 4, 2012 9:31 AM

Answers

• gbobj,

Interesting question. Which Reporting Version you are using. SQL Server 2012 (Denali) has this feature ready for use called "Data Alerts".

Data alerts are a data driven alerting solution that helps you be informed about report data that is interesting or important to you, and at a relevant time. By using data alerts you no longer have to seek out information, it comes to you. Data alert messages are sent by email. Depending on the importance of the information, you can choose to send messages more or less frequently and only when results change (SSRS)

For more information please refer to Data Alerts

Thanks,
    Sandip Shinde(Blog:bi-bigdata.com|Twitter:@CloudBI_Sandip)

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Monday, June 18, 2012 1:50 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 2:44 PM

All replies

• gbobj,

Interesting question. Which Reporting Version you are using. SQL Server 2012 (Denali) has this feature ready for use called "Data Alerts".

Data alerts are a data driven alerting solution that helps you be informed about report data that is interesting or important to you, and at a relevant time. By using data alerts you no longer have to seek out information, it comes to you. Data alert messages are sent by email. Depending on the importance of the information, you can choose to send messages more or less frequently and only when results change (SSRS)

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Monday, June 18, 2012 1:50 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 2:44 PM
  • gbobj,

Thanks,

Hi Sandip,

Sadly I'm using SQL Server 2008,

but thanks for the tipp , I might use it at a later time when i finaly migrate to 2012.

Monday, June 4, 2012 2:47 PM