Using MSTest Wrong DB Credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to run a load test using MSTest.

However when i start the load test, it fails with the credentials used for connecting to the db results are not being accepted by

the results db, however if I start the same load test from the VSTS 2012 IDE using the same credentials the LoadTest works ok.

Also if I change the db credentials (userid I'm using to connect to the test results repository) and start the test using MSTest, it still fails with the same error but it's trying to use the old credentials.

Has anyone snake this error before?

• Edited by SteveBrk Monday, September 29, 2014 8:02 AM
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:21 AM test related issue
    Monday, September 29, 2014 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi SteveBrk,

I has not encountered such issue before. Please navigate to Load Test->Manage Test Controller, re-configure the load test result store with the expected credential if you select ‘User SQL Server Authentication’ for ‘Log on to the server’ option, save the load test solution, close VS, open VS, load the load test solution, clean the solution and then build the solution. After that, running the load test from VS2012 IDE and MSTest.exe to check the result.

And please reference this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/slumley/archive/2008/12/22/running-web-and-load-tests-from-the-command-line.aspx to make sure you use correct steps and commands to run load test using mstest.exe.

Another way to connect to the result database is to select ‘use Windows Authentication’ instead of ‘Use SQL Server Authentication’ for ‘Log on to the server’ option in ‘Connection Properties’ dialog. You can try it to run the load test using mstest.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:10 AM edit
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, October 6, 2014 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:08 AM