none
NET MS Project Print Preview Gantt Period RRS feed

• Question

• NET: I am trying to set the Gantt Start and Gantt Finish based off the tasks that are displayed; this would be based off the Min Start date and Max Finish date for the displayed tasks.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is not clear to me if you try to find the functionality to do it once or if you're trying to code it.

In case you're just looking for the feature, just go to the "view" ribbon under the "zoom" group. Then click on "entire project" and the Gantt chart will be zoomed based on the entire project lenght. You can also select a group of tasks and click on "selected tasks" to zoom on a particular phase of your project.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:23 PM
  • Oh, sorry about that.  I'm trying to code it in .NET.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:01 PM
  • Then I'll let others experts on this forum take the lead.

Anyway I'm wondering why developing a feature that is out-of-the-box and easily accessible by a simple button.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:12 PM
  • I only want the Period of Performance for the tasks that are displayed.  If I click Entire Project, there is a lot of white space.  I'm trying to avoid having to set the Custom PoP every time.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:20 PM
  • jsears550,

Use the EditGoTo Method and couple it with the TimescaleEdit Method to set up the task display.

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, May 23, 2014 2:19 AM