Embedded 7 Toolkit: Creating Windows PE-64 bootable CD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Using Windows Embedded 7 Toolkit I created an x86-64bit windows PE ISO folder.

The I used the following command to create the CD:

oscdimg.exe -n -bc:\winpe_64\efisys.bin c:\winpe_64\ISO c:\winpe_64\winpe_64.iso

But when I booted my embedded PC using this CD I got: No system disk.

What am I doing wrong ?

I got the same results when creating this CD using Windows AIK.

Can you help ?

Thanks,
    Zvika.

• Edited by Z. V Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:18 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:17 PM

Answers

• i don't use DVD/CDs anymore, so i haven't tested but efisys sounds like 64 bit efi supported platforms. did you just try the etfsboot? (el torito not EFI) i see this file also in amd64 folder which is identical with the 32bit one. otherwise you might should try the UFD option -u1 or -u2
    Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    • Marked as answer by Z. V Monday, November 28, 2011 2:31 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi

I think the command you use is incorrect . please refer to the format of command :

oscdimg –n –m –b”C:\Program Files\Windows Embedded Standard 2011\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com”  E:\  C:\MyNewIBWDisk.iso

Friday, November 25, 2011 6:40 AM
  • Hello,

According to the walkthrough in PE documentation, when creating a WinPE-64 I should use efisys.bin instead of etfsboot.com.

This is explained in: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749311(WS.10).aspx

Thanks,

Zvika.

Friday, November 25, 2011 7:26 AM
  • Hi:

Sorry, I don't clearly read it. Maybe you can check your buring CD process. 

Monday, November 28, 2011 2:21 AM
  • i don't use DVD/CDs anymore, so i haven't tested but efisys sounds like 64 bit efi supported platforms. did you just try the etfsboot? (el torito not EFI) i see this file also in amd64 folder which is identical with the 32bit one. otherwise you might should try the UFD option -u1 or -u2
    Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    • Marked as answer by Z. V Monday, November 28, 2011 2:31 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 1:56 PM
  • Dear KNARZ,

You are right.

If I create the iso file with:

oscdimg.exe -n -bc:\winpe_64\etfsboot.com c:\winpe_64\ISO c:\winpe_64\winpe_64.iso

It works fine.

Thanks,
    Zvika.
    Monday, November 28, 2011 2:30 PM